Wednesday, September 3, 2014

BÀI 5: TECHNOLOGY AND YOU

Vocabulary:


Word
Transcript
Class
Meaning
Example
camcorder
/ˈkæmˌkɔ:dər /
n
Máy quay video
I bought a new camcorder last week. 
CD ROM
/ˌsi:di:ˈrɒm/
n
Đĩa CD dùng để lưu trữ
Give me the CD 
CPU (Central Processing Unit)
/ˌsi:pi:ˈju:/
n
Bộ xử lý trung tâm
The most important component of the computer is the central processing unit. 
Communicator
/kəˈmju:nɪkeɪtər /
n
Người giao tiếp
She is a great communicator. 
Computer screen
/kəm'pju:tə skri:n/
n
Màn hình máy tính
I am cleaning my computer screen. 
Dial
/ˈdaɪəl/
v
Quay số
Can I dial this number direct, or do I have to go through the operator? 
Floppy disk
/ˈflɒpi disk/
v
Đĩa mềm
I need a new floppy disk. 

Hardware

/ˈhɑ:dweər/
n
phần cứng
Each time you turn the computer on, with appropriate hardware and software, it is capable of doing almost everything you ask it to. 
Insert
/ɪnˈsɜ:t/
v
Cho vào, chèn vào
Insert the key into the lock.. 
Keyboard
/ˈki:bɔ:d/
n
Bàn phím
I have to buy a new keyboard for my computer 
Miraculous
/mɪˈrækjʊləs/
adj
Kì diệu, thần kì
The diet promised miraculous weight-loss. 
Mouse
/maʊs/
n
Con chuột (máy tính)
My computer's mouse is broken. 
Press
/pres/
v
Ấn, nhấn
Press this button to start the machine. 
Printer
/ˈprɪntər/
n
Máy in
We use a printer to print documents. 
Software
/ˈsɒft weər/
n
Phần mềm
We should use appropriate software to run on the computer. 





Nguồn: Internet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts